TRIZ /Systematic Innovation Level 2
What the course teaches you
The course shows you how to ensure that you are in the 2% of innovators who are successful. You will learn to distil everything down to ‘First Principles’, discovering the universal truths about what works and what doesn’t. Using examples from around the world, you will recognise the strategies that make innovations work.
Who the course is for
- Innovation catalysts
- Change managers
- Business development managers
- Project managers
- Design engineers
How will you and your organisation benefit
Once you understand your problem, you are able to set about finding the solution.
This course will enable your company to think creatively and productively, using a logical strategy developed over many years of research. It will amplify the talents of your designers, enhancing their ability to think in a range of ways, and to defy the psychological inertia that so often stifles innovation.
It will help you to make your company innovate faster, more creatively and with greater success than ever before.
Length of course
Course contributes 50 CPD hours.
Are You Eligible
We recommend that students enrolling on the Developing Solutions course should first study the course in Problem Definition. This is not essential, but will give you a better starting point for learning. However, the main criteria are a thirst for knowledge, and a practical interest in developing solutions to problems using proven strategies to enhance natural creativity.
- Contradictions, conflicts, trade-Offs, paradoxes, conundrums
- 40 Inventive Principles
- Quantity first – Quality second – Clustering & combining partial-solutions
- Contradiction Matrix
- Every problem is different and the same – abstraction
- Contradiction solving strategies
- Complex adaptive systems
- The Cynefin framework and Design
- Sensemaking in complex situations – perception mapping
- Vicious and virtuous cycles and S-Curves
Putting it all together
- An overall inventive problem-solving process
- Customer empathy
- A real case study
- The right tools for the right job
- Final module summary & next steps